Monitor settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know much about refresh rates but I do know from prior experience (5 min ago) ;) that it can make you system stable-unstable in matter of secs

Im at 60 now if I increase to 70 or 72 on a 2.7 OC from 2.0 stock it causes error for me so I keep mine at 60 Hertz

not shur, except for what i can see, and i would guess...

)the monitor prolly consumes more power the higher the rate
)i set my monitor at 144hrz just for a few minutes while i played a FPS game(just to see what it was like) and its soo smooth and quick that u prolly dont need Vsync at that speed, and theres no noticable flickering.
)i have my montior at 56hrz most of the time, cause i dont need any speed for just web surfing or photoshop or whatnot, isnt afected.

at the higher refresh rates and resolutions there is monitor / graphics card problems where they either or cant handle like atm my 22" is at 1920 by 1440 and offers me 60,70,72,75,85 but out of them i will get a black screen at 75 or above so im staying at the 72 which seems ok for me :)

Refresh rates totally depend on your personal sensitivity to flickering. If you are fine at 60Hz, then your vid card should be able to handle higher resolutions and higher frame rates.

The higher the refresh rate the better viewing you get but it makes your monitor work harder, it CAN reduce the life of your monitor, especially if you play fast an loose outside the recommended maximums of your monitor.

Think of playing with the refresh rates as overclocking your monitor, the higher you go the better performance but do so at your own risk. My personal preference is >=80

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom