monitor screen punctured..how to fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafflehammer

Fully Optimized
okay long story short : a screwdriver came in contact with my monitor.... little hole, just a little hole....size of pencil lead basically.

is there anyway to fix/replace this? it looks like it's only the first tiny layer of the screen so maybe it's some type of thing that's replaceable? It didn't go far in...nothing about it is distorted, just the hole..and the whole doesn't change colors. Nothing bad, just annoying if you're gaming and see a non-colored hole in a black area or something...

are you serious? i thought it was just some thing layer that i would switch out :((((((((

i'm sure it is, it's only like 2-3 months old. i'll look into that.

EDIT: just sent an e-mail to newegg...new to the whole warranty thing, so i thought it'd be best to ask them for some information.

are you serious? i thought it was just some thing layer that i would switch out :((((((((

i'm sure it is, it's only like 2-3 months old. i'll look into that.

EDIT: just sent an e-mail to newegg...new to the whole warranty thing, so i thought it'd be best to ask them for some information.

Hello,

Unfortunately, standard warranty does not cover accidental damage.

What monitor do you have? Could you post a picture of the damage? Find out whether the manufacturer can repair it, and how much it would cost. However, as already said, you'll likely have to replace the whole monitor.

**** that sux man. Just ebay it, and use what you get to buy a new one if you get. Theyll probably want to charge you more than it's worth for a repair. :tear

well, same monitor on newegg is like $170 (i got it for 180) and my friend has already offered to buy it for 150..i guess i'll take it.

oh yea about the warranty, they don't need to know that lol

"Thank you Damaged? In what way like you dropt it, or crack somehow? The warranty does not cover loss or damage, pleas give me more info."

gotta love foreign support that can't talk good english. no offence to them, but if you seriously can't speak english, don't work in a job that you have to communicate using that language lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom