Monitor Reviews - Belinea 106075 19" CRT vs. Iiyama VM 1451 19" FST - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 11-07-2003, 10:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Monitor Reviews - Belinea 106075 19" CRT vs. Iiyama VM 1451 19" FST

I'm looking at getting a 19" monitor and the following are within my budget:

Iiyama VM 1451 19" FST
Belinea 106075 19" CRT

What is the difference between FST and CRT? I know what they stand for but don't know what the difference in perfromance is.

Does anyone know of any reviews of either model or has anyone had any complaints about them.

Thanks for your help.

Old 11-07-2003, 10:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

the Iiyama VM 1451 19" FST is still a CRT monitor. i do not know what FST means but i would guess it stands for flat screen technology. FST is just another matketing ploy like TFT which i would guess means true flatscreen technology. it means the screen is flat.

I have never heard of either of these brand names. you should also consider NEC 19" monitors, they are cheap and they are known for good quality. I think NEC is made by mitsubishi, at least thats what it says in the driver manufacturer field for my NEC.

Old 11-07-2003, 02:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default about fst! the first one has good remarks, the other one i don't know

CRT manufacturers have developed flatter CRTs to reduce reflections from ambient lighting. The flatter the CRT the less reflections you get.

Most CRTs used in computer monitors in the last ten years or so have used Flatter Squarer Tube (FST) technology. FST CRTs are still a common type of CRT in use today and give a usable compromise between cost and performance.

Enhancements such as anti-glare and anti-reflective coatings have improved the optical performance of FST.
Closed Thread