monitor resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0toriou5

In Runtime
What is the best looking resolution for a 19'' wide screen monitor, with the max resolution 1440X900.
also, if i wanted to set my resolution to that, how would i do that, because on the properties tab, the biggest i can set it at is 1280X1024?

1280x1024 is what I use and I like it. If you cant go any higher you can try to install new video card drivers, but the problem is probably that your video card cant output that high of a resolution

Chances are, your video card isn't designed for wide-screen monitors. Many aren't made for wide-screen monitors. That is why it doesn't show the resolutions you want.

N0toriou5 said:
does it slow the comp down having a bigger resolution?

Depends on what you are doing.

Try installing some drivers for your monitor. If that doesn't help it's max resolution is probably 1280X1024.

I highly doubt your card is limited to 1280x1024; even my old Ti4200 supports 1600x1200 and probably even higher if I had a monitor that supported higher resolutions.

ALWAYS run LCD's at their MAX resolution. ALWAYS.

Unless you're playing a game that your video card can't handle, you should NEVER change resolutions.

If you have an nvidia video card, you can add custom resolutions from the nvidia control panel. I have a Geforce 3 system that can run at 1680x1050, so that shouldn't be a problem.

ALWAYS run it at 1440x900. That is the ONLY option.

If you run an LCD at a resolution other than it's native (MAX) resolution, sub-pixel smoothing BREAKS and everything is totally blurry.

N0toriou5 said:
does it slow the comp down having a bigger resolution?

No, only in games will it slow anything down. Increasing your resolution also increases your window real estate ... you have more space.

Similar situation:

I want to buy a wide-screen monitor (1440x900 max.) to use with my nvidia geforce 5200 FX 256MB AGP card, and have downloaded the latest drivers for the card. Still, I cannot see a setting for that particular 1440x900 resolution. 1600x900 and 1360x768 are the closest. Would the nvidia card sense the different screen-size when I install the wide-screen monitor, or, do I need to get a different video card?

Zeico

You can change your resolution settings in the registry. Back it up first.
HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG , system, current control set, control, video. There should be another folder or two in the video folder so open each one and look for resolution settings.There are settings for default x resolution and default y resolution. Set the values to 1440 and 900.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom