monitor refresh rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

spfd

Daemon Poster
i was curious, what exactly does lcd monitor refresh rate do for the monitor?
is high good or bad?

If you are a gamer you want the highest refresh rate you can get to give you a smooth feel, the highest i have seen on an lcd is 75hz. My Inspiron 5150 has a UXGA display that runs at 60Hz. When just doing regular work it looks so amazing and clear, but when playing games it feels jagged and i get a lot of vertical tearing which makes it feel not smooth even when im getting over 60fps :confused: . LCDs look very clear though if you dont plan on gaming otherwise get a nice crt that has a great refresh rate.

Monitor

I know that CRT's are a bit big though but can get very good refresh rates on them. Mine goes at 150 Hz 1280 by 1024 res.
Its as smooth as real life, when you move the mouse you can hardly see it frameing if you know what i meen.

the eye cant see any differenceabove 75Hz. but the more the better. high rate will reduce the risk of a flickering monitor.

I can tell a HUGE difference between 75 Hz and 120 Hz :confused: Waasup1990, what monitor are you using that has that kind of refresh rate at 1280, best i can find is 95 at that res.

e70

It's a View Sonic E70 17" its a very good screen for every thing, but be careful there isn't any magnetic fields around. Eg Speaker.
I have a container of magnets that were 3/4 of a metre away from the screen, and it still made the colours change. Lucky it has Degauss. Dont worry if you think the screen is bung, its brobably the most unexpected thing that caused the screen to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom