Monitor question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jolancer

Daemon Poster
i can go to power managment in windows and set a time delay for my monitor to shut off automatically... when it does this the monitor is in standby instead of turnd off.

i only have a power button on my monitor not a standby button(not shur if any are made with a standby button)

so i was wondering if any of u know of a way i can put my monitor in or out of standby whenever i wont, instead of using windows power managment??

I don't know if there's any monitor wich turnes off, but my monitor has 2 modes. Stand by mode and suspend mode. Stand by is triggered after running a blank screensaver for 3 minutes. Suspend is enabled either with power management in Windows or when being idle for a specific amount of time after starting stand-by mode. My monitor has a menu with power settings. Check yours.

If your monitor doesn't have a standby button, or an option from the OSD, then no, you can't put your monitor into standby at will. You'll have to use your computer.

Your PC cannot turn your monitor off (unless your monitor has built-in firmware that supports OS instructions). So, your OS can only put the monitor into standby, which usually means that they video connection is closed, which makes the monitor think the computer is off and it goes into standby.

I gotta ask...Why can't you just turn the monitor on and off yourself? Unless you have seven screens up on your desk, I can't see why you'd want to make it so difficult to just switch the monitor off?

turning your monitor power on/off all the time shortens its life. u know cause of capacitors or wat not charging up then down.

and im ona 19" so it sounds like a TV when u turn it off/on. when it goes in/out of standby it just clicks the screen off or on. the time it takes to display the screen is also much quicker from standby cause it doesnt need to power on.

so its nota problem, but it would convienyent if i could just click a button to put it into standby right b4 i walkaway... there isnt an option in my OSD or a button. so i was just wondering if any of u new how to or a tweak to allow u to, or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom