Monitor Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

istanbul05

Baseband Member
Hi, well i have two questions, i am planning on selling my monitor but i am not sure what ratio it is? The maximum resolution is 1280x1024. I cant look on the box or anything becuase i recieved it as a gift and i cant find the box. Is there anyway to find out the ratio and maybe responce time with some sort of application?

My second question is if i get a widescreen monitor will i be able to change my resolution automatically, as in will it appear on my resolution options. I have a 6800GS if that is any use?

Thanks

umm...

do you know what your monitor is called? perhaps a brand name or company?

even a model number...

find one of those things /\ and do a google search...

I assume it is 17" if it does 1280x1024...

and I'm not sure what you are asking in the second question... but if you were to get a widescreen monitor, it would work fine with a 6800gs...

I suppose it would change automatically? or at least you would have the option to change it... (guessing 1280x960 for a native lcd res...)

Re:

Hello,

Look on the back of the monitor...is there a manufacturer of model number there?

You can calculate the aspect ratio by dividing the horizontal dimension by the vertical dimension of the display. Use a ruler to measure the dimensions.

By default, only the permissible screen resolutions supported by the monitor will be available in the display settings. So, the available resolutions you can choose will depend on what the widescreen monitor will support.

The GeForce 6800GS supports resolutions up to 2048x1536.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom