***MONITOR PROBLEM PLEASE HELP***

Gramsca

Beta member
I just got a new custom computer and it is about 2 weeks old now. I have a DVI > HDMI cable from my computer to my monitor. The DVI cable is actually connected to my graphics card and that goes to the HDMI port on my monitor (hope this makes sense). I have an ASUS monitor (VS228H-P) and when I turn on my computer or wake it up from sleep by moving my mouse or typing something on my keyboard it should wake up the monitor automatically but it doesn't. This worked on my previous computer. I have to turn off the monitor then turn it back on again to have it show my computer. Any help would be great.

Thanks!!

Windows 7 64bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750Ti
ASUS VS228H-P 22-Inch Full-HD 5ms LED-Lit LCD Monitor

A pc can go into a different sleep mode in Windows 7 than XP. Try pushing on the power button to wake this pc up, and then log on

Try messing around in the monitor's sleep mode settings, and make sure everything is configured correctly. Same with your computer that is hooked up, you may have to manually change the sleep mode settings now that you have a new graphics card. Best advice I can give you without further researching the topic.

Re: ***MONITOR PROBLEM PLEASE HELP*** (SOLVED)

I have fixed this issue! I have a DVI > HDMI Cord. I had the DVI plugged into my computer (graphics card to be exact) and the HDMI connected to my monitor. I switched them, HDMI to graphics card and DVI to monitor and it worked!

Back
Top Bottom