monitor problem - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 09:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Angry monitor problem

i purchased a matrox m 3d card. to be used with my s3 virge dx/gx pci 375/385 video card. when i plug it in and boot up my screen is blank, wavering and and has to red lines jiggling horizontly. what is up with this?
kelly

Old 12-08-2003, 10:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

Your new Matrox 3d card is actually a video card. Uninstall the drivers for your PCI-card, turn off your computer, unplugg power, remove your old PCI-card, insert your matrox-card unto your mother-board, plug in your monitor to your matrox-card (there are usually two ports, trial and error to see which one's the right one), plug in power and start your computer.

Now your OS will (hopefully) detect your new hardware, follow installation procedures from your matrox manual.

Old 12-08-2003, 11:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

no, according to the box. matrox m 3d works with your existing graphics card ( 2mb or more). also it has no hook up slots on it..
30 frames/second speed and resolutions up to 1024 x 768
Old 12-08-2003, 03:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

anybody gonna get back to me???????
Old 12-08-2003, 04:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

That's wierd homie! I've been having a similar (sort of) problem with my monitor(it's a secondary) Ever since I hooked it up it has to turn on and off like 4 -5 times before it fully starts....and it has been rearranging my desktop, changing my startup preferences, stuff I didn't know that could do (I'm sure that's the problem because I re-hooked up my old secondary moniter and everything works fine....desktop startup, everything)....A friend of mine said he thought that could be due to using the wrong power supply cord on it....but I have no idea what cord it takes....so I have no idea what to do...junk it I guess
Closed Thread