Monitor Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanSymons

Solid State Member
Hi,
Having a problem with my monitor, keeps flickering and going pink. Don't think it is actually monitor because i tried it on my dads pc and no flickering. Board is Asus A7N266 - VM with onboard graphics. Have latest drivers and monitor is not being pushed further than it should.

Why is this happening???

Dan

First you need to confirm it's not the monitor.
Try connecting another monitor (if you have) to your computer and see if it flickers.
When I have problems with anything, I just backup everything and format...that usually works. If it's still not working then it's probably a hardware thing.

While I wouldn't recommended jumping straight into a reformat, Or's suggestion of trying another monitor on your existing system is a sound one.

It is likely the onboard graphics. Have you changed any resolution or color settings recently? Sometimes a change in the display settings (refresh rates and such) can really kill what is displayed.

You can boot to by bios by tapping which ever key your computer needs to get into the setup. At the splash screen when you startup your computer. If it happens inthe system setup(bios) it is by no means a software problem. That is before it even gets to windows. I would say make sure you dont have any environment problems asfar as speakers and stuff like that to close to the monitor . if so move them away see if that effect the problem if not you cant reseat the video card because obviously it is intergrated. You can try either a pci video card or agp(if your computer supports it) that would save you from having to purchase another motherboard if the problem is the video controller

Not sure about monitor. Doesn't flicker on boot, just occasionally when i am in windows. Will try with my dads TFT later and see if problem occurs. I maybe reformating later any way as i might get a bigger hdd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom