monitor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirage

Baseband Member
I stopped using my PC for two days.
when i used it again, an unusual thing happened to my monitor.
it flickered.it doesnt do it often, though.

when it flickers,it also makes this sound, the sound that you hear the monitor makes if it comes out of "stand by mode".

and just earlier, when it was in standby,its suppose to come out of standby mode when mouse was moved but instead it switched OFF (like some pressed the switch) no light or whatsoever.i needed to press the power button again to power it up.

color is still good.clear and sharp.

i dont think it is PSU prob.i turned my lights and fan ON but it didnt flicker and everything was fine.

what do you think?
will reinstalling the driver do the trick?

thanks!

i noticed another thing.

when its on standby mode and i move the mouse to power it up, i here this ticking sound (its sound like...tsk..tsk..tsk), then it switches off.

also when it switches off like that, the monitor remained switch off even though i shut down the pc using keyboard shortcuts then booted the pc.so apparently it seems that the monitor was really switched off like someone pressed the switch.

thanks!

it must be getting worse every minute.

just a few minutes ago,i set the power management on the monitor to "never" instead of "go into standby after 15min".

then after a while it suddenly switched off!no green light or orange light.

anyone?please.

thanks!

im afraid you will say that...

is this fixable?or buying a new one will be the ideal approach?just in case that my monitor is dying.

do you think that the ticking sound is coming from the controller board that you are saying?

unfortunately,i dont have access to another monitor.but i'll try to find one.

anymore ideas?

thanks,microbell!

yes im hearing it from the monitor.

well,if it needs to replaced, look the bright side...i get to buy a 17" monitor that ive always wanted. :D

thanks again!

i guess my monitor is definitely dying!!!
now it switches off often.
i just switched it on then after a few minutes it switches off.

and just as soon as i switch it on, the screen looks like its shaking while the screen is still blurry.but as soon as the screen clears up,no more shaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom