Monitor Problem - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 05:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
PowerQuest / Opera

this is funny!

I would try to wipe even more till you get it off

Old 09-09-2004, 05:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via AIM to Stillxlife

I found a product under my kitchen sink called "Goo Gone Automotive Spray Gel".... its working quite well, the anti-glare layer is almost gone

-Northwood Core 3.0 P4
-2x512 Corsair XMS XL series Ram
-WD 10,000 RPM Raptor 74 GB HD
-SB Audigy 2 ZS
-Samsung CDRW/DVD Combo Drive
-128mb ATI Radeon 9600
Old 09-09-2004, 05:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
True Techie

Get yourself a decent surge protector. It sounds like you monitor is taking hits from power spikes. Use isopropal alcohol and see if that dosen't help remove it better.
Old 09-09-2004, 06:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
Master Techie

Quote:
i dont know if its the outlets in my house or what, but i fry monitors left and right
They're called surge-protectors and Uninterrupted-Power-Supplies (UPS). They're great for those rare houses that have less than NASA-standard power systems. No one will probably know what yer talking about, thought, since no one else ever experiences power problems...

I'd be interested to know what the end result looks like for the glare-guard yer actively destroying and when we're going to hear the "oh shyt" part of this story...
Old 09-11-2004, 05:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via AIM to Stillxlife

Im pretty sure they are surge protector power strips.... i could be wrong though, ill have to check, and i do have plans on buying a UPS sometime soon because of all these damn hurricanes i get down here in FL, so i can at least keep it on through the short brown outs that i get all the time, i just need to find a job first. And i got the anti-glare layer almost completely off theres just this one stubborn spot on the left that im still working on, but where it did come off , the monitor actually looks better then before...

Closed Thread