Monitor pin missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
A normal capacitator can hold its charge for 24 hours i think, and the monitor has extremly hugh ones and then the inside of the screen it self builds up a charge....

Monitors can hold their charge for... 3 days I think.

Use a scre driver and touch the left and middle pins of power together (On the actual monitor, not the power cable). This should discharge the electricity.

wow- this scares me. One time, i took a can of red spray paint and a sledgehammer to an old Packard Bell CRT monitor! I had no idea the electricity could store up inside it! Good thing nothing shocked me. And OMG i must say that the glass in the screen is extremely thick!!! I still have a piece

I have a picture of early-on in the destruction process:

Pilotwings119 said:
wow- this scares me. One time, i took a can of red spray paint and a sledgehammer to an old Packard Bell CRT monitor! I had no idea the electricity could store up inside it! Good thing nothing shocked me. And OMG i must say that the glass in the screen is extremely thick!!! I still have a piece

I have a picture of early-on in the destruction process:
Wow...you must have been really angry.

Or destructive.

Well I opened up the monitor and it looks very complicated to replace the cable. There are several ground wires coming out that are soldered to the monitor and the cable I took out of an old monitor has 10 or so wires and the HP MX70 has 15+ (I didnt count.... Theres a sticker in there saying the monitor was actully manufactured by samsung. So maybe If I found a samsung monitor it would have the same cable hookup inside.

just get a pin out kit and rewire it if you want, dont have to take it apart. comes with a pin push, and get a cover for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom