Monitor and NVidia

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenderbender123

Beta member
Hello, I have a rather odd problem with my monitor. I built a computer for my cousin and used my CTX monitor that has always worked well without any flickering (although it is about 3 years old). The video card was a geforce 6800 AGP, and all throughout the boot-up procedure, installation of windows, and games, the monitor would flicker (it would not blank out, it wasn't random, it was pretty constant) all the time. The only time it didn't was in windows after the drivers were installed. However on my computer (using an old radeon), everything worked fine.

Now I have just upgraded to a Geforce 6600GT AGP and am experiencing the exact same problem as I did when hooking the monitor up to my cousins computer with the 6800. I tried using different monitors (on both my cousins and now my computer) and they work just fine.

What is wrong with my monitor and what should I do?

update the .inf file for THAT monitor which will in turn give it the correct refresh rates, this is why its flickering, wrong refresh rate more than likely

dont know if it will change the boot sequence flickering or not

check manufacturers website for an inf driver file or maybe even driverguide.com er drivers.com,cant remember which it is, anyway find the monitor inf that matches the monitor in question and install it, it will either be a self intsalling exe or a zip file, in which case if its a zip, goto video settings and install the new monitor and point it to the new inf file you download when it looks for it

Well that didn't work. I just think it's really odd that it's ONLY this monitor and it's ONLY done this with 6600 and 6800 series Nvidia cards (doesn't matter who makes the boards). It worked with my Radeon 7200 and my Geforce 4 MX.

check the fresh rate?

and mess with the settings on the monitor

if that doesn't work, then get a new monitor, that monitor is probably too old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom