Monitor Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindApex

In Runtime
Hey, I have a problem with a Sony HMD-A200 monitor. It worked perfectly up until now...here's what hapenned:

I turned on the computer this morning, everything booted up fine, i got picture on the screen...however, I booted up a game (Survival Project), and the picture went blank and would never come back on...i tried on several computers and i can't get picture...i'm gonna try plugging it in the secondary port on my radeon and see if the computer recognized it when i have time, but any suggestions for the time being?

thx in advance

it shouldn't have...its only like 2 1/2 to 3 years old...also, i hear a clicking noise when its plugged in

I have that monitor (or one with a very similar model number) that happened to me (luckily while the monitor was still under warrenty)... it was the power switch that had gone and hence the monitor was no longer being powered (all because the little switch on the front had gone)... i dont know the cost of replacing the switch or how easy it is to fix yourself

Clicking noises... not good. Looks like your monitor has reached the end of its days. (I don't think Survival Project had anything to do with it)

the power light is on, but i guess that doesn't necessarily mean there's power to the monitor, maybe the light just works :p

NOOOOOOOO...I WON'T LEAVE IT ROTTING UNDER MY DESK!!! it was such a good monitor too...but I have a friend who's dad is VP of Sony Canada...eheheh...i might get a repair through him :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom