Monitor & Keyboard work for client not for server

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauraSatellite

Beta member
Hi,
I have one monitor connected to two clients and a server. Each machine has its own keyboard. Yesterday when i switched all 3 machines on, and flicked to view the server, the monitor light began flashing (as did its keyboard light). when i flicked the same monitor to view what was happening on the clients, all worked fine. I messed about with the cables, and kept rebooting untill it worked on the server. no such luck today. I simply cannot see whats going on with the server, even if i plug the monitor directly into it. The server has also started to make a double beep sound when i try to boot it. Im at a total loss and *REALLY* need to get the server to boot and view it on the monitor...
ANY help or input would be appreciated.
thanks

Is it a KVM switch you use? If so then maybe it somehow damaged the graphics card in the server.

Im using a PS2 multi-pc controller, could this also mess with the graphics card on the server? I didnt know that this could happen. How can i tell if this is what is wrong?

it turned out to be either the RAM or the video card. I opened up the machine and just clipped them out and back in, and its working away grand now, no double beeps or anything :)
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom