Monitor keeps wiggin out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameGURU

Fully Optimized
My monitor, on low resolutions and high Refresh Rates looks terrible and grainy. 1024x768 to 1600 x 1024 look horrid, some with wavy pixels on the sides of the screen and just not smooth at all. Just about once an hour the monitor freaks out and little waves appear on the side of the screen and my sound crackle's.

Samsung 997 DF
400 Watt PSU
6800 GT

this never happened with my insanley old sony trinitron...:rolleyes:

Is that monitor the one with a .20 mm dot pitch? If so, that is your problem. Why do you think monitors that are 5 years old and monitors that just came out last week still use a .25mm dot pitch? Monitors with a dot pitch under .23mm will look very bad on low resolutions, especially text. Want a real monitor? Get rid of that POS samsung and get a LaCie electron19blueIV.

003 said:
Is that monitor the one with a .20 mm dot pitch? If so, that is your problem. Why do you think monitors that are 5 years old and monitors that just came out last week still use a .25mm dot pitch? Monitors with a dot pitch under .23mm will look very bad on low resolutions, especially text. Want a real monitor? Get rid of that POS samsung and get a LaCie electron19blueIV.

Honestly I have been thinking about it quite alot. Yes it is a .20 mm pitch. The only thing is, I am doing a serious computer upgrade soon and I am not sure if I will have the money for a new monitor, but if I do I will look into that. Thanks.

It also caps my performance ALOT, since in games I have to run at 1600x1200. Not only that it makes my GPU way too hot.

GameGURU said:
Honestly I have been thinking about it quite alot. Yes it is a .20 mm pitch. The only thing is, I am doing a serious computer upgrade soon and I am not sure if I will have the money for a new monitor, but if I do I will look into that. Thanks.

Well, there's no point upgrading a computer if you can't see what's on the screen. ;)

GameGURU said:
Well should I make the jump to an LCD now that they have very fast response times?
No. LCDs are not as good as an old fashioned CRT and they never will be.

It's just simply not going to happen. What most people can't seem to under stand is that it's not not physically possible.

I have that exact screen. It works flawlessly for me on low and high resolutions. Maybe you got a bad one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom