Monitor issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

iguanaonastick

Baseband Member
Brand new computer (Xfire HD5970 x2) and monitor (samsung 27 inch p2770h)

When i first started pc, the image on the screen was taking up ALL of the monitor's display area (as its supposed). I installed "required" microsoft updates (i got 7 64bit ultimate), and after that i got like 1-2 cm off every edge of screen as "black" (meaning they work but dont show anything, like widescreen movies only from sides as well). I have downloaded/installed latest catalyst software/drivers, but issue is not fixed.

I have tried changing every possible display setting via control panel, and via monitor's menu. Its set on "full screen" and "1920x1080" (highest). Problem still here.

Anyone got any advices?

Here is paint picture to show what im talking about

display.png

I know that monitor itself is fine, its some kind of software issue i believe.

Thanks in advance

Are you using an HDMI connection by any chance? Also, did you install the latest Catalyst drivers (http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/downloads.aspx)? If you're using an HDMI connection it may have overscan correction enabled which scales the picture (because some HDMI TV's stretch the picture beyond the actual screen for no good reason). You can turn it off using the AMD Catalyst drivers. After installing Catalyst, open Catalyst Control Center and go to Desktops And Displays, then click on the monitor icon at the bottom where the drop down arrow is (not the screen icon but the actual monitor/TV looking one) and Configure. From here you can set scaling options, overscan, etc.

A small issue - i have to re-check that option in catalyst every time i turn on my PC. Any way to "save" it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom