Monitor help - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 11-22-2003, 05:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Monitor help

Hi all. I was wondering if someone could be kind enough to help me out with a slight problem that I've been having. Recently, when I would turn on my computer, my monitor sometimes doesn't come on. The little green light by the on/off switch does come on, but then it turns orange like it's going into standby and shuts off completely. It's a Sony 17" Trinitron monitor. A few days ago, I bought a new video card thinking my old one was going out, but it's still doing the same thing as before. Does anyone know what this problem could be? Thanks in advance.

Old 11-23-2003, 06:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

Monitor could be going bad. Save up and buy a new one.

Sig removed since I no longer post here.
Old 11-23-2003, 09:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Older But Wiser

Monitor or video card my friend, From what I've heard if the LCD on the Monitor goes orange it's not getting a signal from the Video card. Do ya got a spare video card to test with?
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
AMD FX-8150
16 GB Ram
ASUS GeForce 760 GTX

1TB Sata Seagate
100 Gig Maxtor Sata 7200 Rpm
ASUS DRW 24B3S7 ATA Optical
Windows 7 Home Premium
Dell E228WFP 22"
Old 11-23-2003, 10:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to illippinno

either the monitor or the cable from the monitor to the video card. maybe?
Old 11-23-2003, 11:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to CTComputers

The biggest problem that sony has with there trinitron monitors is the pin plug of the vga cord. Get a pair of tweezers and make sure that every pin is straight and clean of dust and things liike that. Second next to the vga port on the back of your computer make sure that the nuts that you screw the plugs connectors to are tightened sometimes that will be your biggest problem. If neither of those work go into windows device manager and see if maybe you can troubleshoot your video card or if it has a ello exclamation mark next to it, its malfunctioning in some way. Also try to go to your video cards manufacturers website and see if maybe there is a driver update availeable
Closed Thread