Monitor Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Golden Master
hey guys, i'll be buying a monitor soon and i need some help.

I will be buying a samsung 20 inch or 22 inch (its 2ms 3000:1) i was woundering if for the extra two inches is it worth $100 more than the 20 inch

That would depend on you. I went to a store once, and saw the size difference between the two, it was very noticeable.

It would also depend if you were gaming, and on the specs of your computer. So if you had relatively low specs, a 20" with a common widescreen resolution of 1440 x 900, would suite better. Higher resolutions, such as that on a 22" would need higher specs. Now thats assuming you want to be playing games at smooth framerates, and decent settings.

I guess i will be going with the 22 then, im ordering an 8800gt 512mb. I also do alot of gaming, not very much buisness work. I can't remember what it was but the monitor has a high resulution so it would be very good for gaming. When u measure a widescreen monitor as it diagonly like a normal monitor or is it horizontal?

It's diagonally, and the usual resolution for 22" widescreens are 1680 x 1050. And the 8800GT 512MB is perfect for the job.

thats what i thought, yeah i think this monitors resulution is higher then that (probably not) Yeah thats why im getting the 8800gt 512 instead of the 256.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom