Monitor / HDMI problem - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2017, 11:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Question Monitor / HDMI problem

Right, so I have an iiyama monitor, which has been working perfectly for a while but now when I connect the hdmi cable to my HP Pavillon laptop there is no signal.

I tried troubleshooting myself and something weird happened. I took out the HDMI cable and when I touched a certain part at the end I felt a weird surge of electricity on my finger and it took like ten minutes until it felt normal again.

Can someone explain why? Just curious.

Also, is it the HDMI cable or the monitor causing my computer to not connect to the monitor? And are there any ways to fix this? Thanks!