Monitor goes to Snow after start-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

pierre

Beta member
I was adjusting my monitor settings fill my screen [it was only filling 80%] and it went to 'Snow' and never came back.

When i restart, the Windows 98 logo appears, then the screen goes snowy again.

How can i restore my previous setting if i don't have any driver disks etc??/ Is there a funciton key or key combination to get me back to normal?

It's a PackardBell PB8539VG 13"

Any ideas???

Thanks
+pierre

You could also get to the same screen you would to go to if you were going to safemode (tap f8 when you start the computer) Execpt go to Command promt only. After it goes to the c:\ type
cd windows\command then press enter
than type scanreg /restore press enter. than just choose a date that it was working correctly and try that

what the scanreg restore? yes. on windows ME you can do it from the run line but in 98 you have to be at command prompt to do it.

I have a problem with my 17" Sony flat CRT. WhenI turn it on, the whole screen is brighter the it should be, and over the whole image is about 6 or 7 white diagonal lines, with snow too. The screen shows my boot-up until after like 15 secs the screen goes to sleepmode and won't come back. I think it's a hardware failure, but does anyone know what it could be, and what it would cost to fix it. It's a quite expencive screen(it WAS) ,and very good on the eyes and I'd like to save it. Thanks for any help at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom