Monitor colors are off

Status
Not open for further replies.

K Tooz

Solid State Member
I have an older monitor that hadn't been used for a few months. When i hooked it back up to a different pc, the colors were not correct. is this a settings problem that can be fixed under the display icon in control panel or is something wrong with the monitor? Thanks for the help....

Try changing the settings under display properties. Put it at 32bit. If thats not the problem then its either drivers or its the monitor.

or if its not just the color resolution.. go into, rightclick desktop/propertyes/display/advanced, and look for gama control, either put that on default or mess around with it.

do you mean the you have a rainbow effect on the screen?

this could be caused by an errant magnetic field that has affected the screen. Your monitor should have a de-gauss feature that will restore the monitor to it's original form. If it does not have this option in it's on screen menu, try turning the monitor off for about 5 minutes, and then back on- this should auto fire the de-gauss coil.

Worst case senario you can use a drill (electro magnetic field) close to the screen in a circular motion should help to clear the colors up.

Yeah what blueman said about the degauss, a lot of older monitors have that and you may have played with it without realizing it...the button makes your screen literally jump and go almost twisted for a second then returns and makes the sound like your computer screen just popped up....my friend had a HUGE monitor and when he'd turn that thing on the other monitors nearby would go crazy for a second cause his was puttin off so much electromagnetic field lol.

i had my speakers standing next to my monitor some time ago...it displayed really strange colors
Yup....that would happen being that speakers are based off magnets on the back of them :D :p Whats with the slew of avatar changes major! That and your name...the partitioner!!

Nubius said:
Yup....that would happen being that speakers are based off magnets on the back of them :D :p Whats with the slew of avatar changes major! That and your name...the partitioner!!

do u like it? lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom