monitor clicking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
Every once in a while, my second monitor clicks while it's off. Why? Right now it's connected to my graphic card, with dualview enabled.

take care cause that happen to two friends of mine and their monitors just went off forever if you know what i mean!!!

what kind of monitor is? LCD, CRT? how old?

CRT and I'm not sure how old but I'm sure it's pretty old. It also has a hardly noticeable burned image of the log on screen in the center. It doesn't bother me. I got it from my mom's workplace, and they used to have it on all the time.

Are you sure it is off? Some CRT's click when turning them on (automatic degaussing), but not when they are off. Also, old monitors didn't do this (automatically).

Does it click only a short while after turning it off or does it keep clicking as long as it is connected to the wall?

You should just keep using the monitor until it dies, and replace it them. Maybe it will die soon, or maybe it will keep working for another 10 years.

Yea thats what I'm doing, I'm just having it on, and will just use it until it dies. Currently I have two monitors on throughout the day, and turning them off when sleeping.

so its what i was suspicious, the monitor is in death time !!!

a friend of mine had that problem and the monitor just stopped to power on, but my uncle monitor, which had the same problem, kinda have blown and there was smoke everywhere.. no fire though! :D :p lool

good luck with it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom