monitor choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

regeisle

In Runtime
i'm finally looking to get rid of my old NEC 19" CRT and go to lcd. I use my system for graphic design, not much gaming at all. Just looking for a general opinion.... 20" widescreen LCD, or dual 17" LCD's? any arguments for or against either? thanks guys!

If you're into graphics design, chances are you want the best picture and color-quality. That's gonna cost you, but if you're serious, you'll know it's true.

LaCie and MAG-Innovation makes some of the best monitors for graphic designers. But they can be pricey depending on what you want.

I wouldn't go for a widescreen for graphic-design work. It's just...the wrong style layout for design apps. That's my opinion, though.

I have a pro-series viewsonic LCD with a 16 ms refresh rate, and I could NOT be happier!!! This is a work of art, beautiful, no ghosting in games either. I picked up model number VP171s for exactly 600 bucks and it's a 17 inch. I know the fast refresh rates go up to around 20" for the pro series viewsonics. It's hooked up with the DVI input too.

A VP171s for 600 bucks! Are you nuts??? Best-Buy was selling them near me for $480, and you can get one online for $400. I think you got ripped.

You could have gotten a BenQ 19" 12ms LCD for $419

Outside of buying a high-end professional monitor for production graphics design work, there's NO reason to spend $600 on a 17" LCD today. Unless it's like...made out of silver or something.

4 and a half years ago, I got a MAG 18" 25ms 0.279dp LCD for $450

Of course, I'm arguing about the price of monitors when I have close to $8,000 worth of monitors sitting on my desktop as we speak. LOL :)

ohgrfreak....ur assuming that shoobie was on earth when he found that LCD

AND HOLY CR@P....8000 in monitors....WTF are u doing that u need so many

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom