monitor cable attachment????

Status
Not open for further replies.

beefy696969

Baseband Member
I'm looking for a piece that attaches to the monitor cable that will give me an audio/video input. I really only need the video off of this. So it will basically act as a TV......

I dont even know if they make these or if its possible....

let me know if you need any more info...

Thanks.

i've heard of tv cards which work the same way as a tv and you can plug in cable/ satelite tv coaxial inputs to it. for composite (RCA)/ super video inputs you can get cards that do this i think but the radeon 9000 atlantis video card i saw on newegg.com for $58 has these inputs.

i was going to use that video card in a second computer i want to build that i could record and watch movies from the hard disk and use it as a download slave/ ftp-http server.

but as for a stand-alone device that doesn't require the computer to be on i think that should be possible but i do not think they make it, they do however make the exact opposite of what you said. a standalone device that converts VGA and outputs it on a TV screen.

they DO however make LCD monitors with super video and analog composite(RCA) inputs. maybe they sell CRT monitors that do this too. but that would mean buying a new monitor which defeats the purpose.

tv cards and video cards might be the closest thing to what you want, but i could be wrong maybe they do sell something like what you want....anybody else know of any products?

actually the monitor that I want to do this with is an LCD monitor, but what I really want to do is put this monitor in my car, so I can hook other devices up to it, DVD or VCR or playstation... whatever, I know that they have lcd screens to do this, but I already have the monitor now, so I was wondering if this can be done....

if not, then im putting one of my computers in my car..... that should be fun...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom