Moniter Resolution Not Above 640x480

Status
Not open for further replies.

W-Direct

Beta member
Alright, as in my other thread if you read it, my mom was having problems getting her computer to boot after deleteing a few registry entries. Well, I got that all fixed and reinstalled Windows XP but now the resolution is at 640x480 and stays that way. I can change it up to 1024x768 but the colors are all messed up cause it is in 256 when I change it.

It looks as if it didn't find the monitor when reinstalling Windows and HP (it is a HP Pavilion v70s Moniter) only has drivers for W95 and W98.

I am wanting to get it to atleast 1024x768 but it won't go above 640x480. I tried doing the troubleshooting as it said in the Windows Help Center but it doesn't even recognize my moniter brand. I am on it right now and I can see everything nice and fine but the resolution won't go up.

Any ideas?

So you have checked in the device manager to make sure the display driver is properly installed?
Have you installed xp service pack?
In addition, when you are in IE, for example, when you scroll down a web page is it smooth or choppy in terms of the refreshing of the screen...?

I already went there and as I said above, the latest driver is for Win98. I am guessing they don't support it above 98 or something. The computer is fairly new. Oh well, any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom