Moniter Problem - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 02:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to Charbo Send a message via Yahoo to Charbo

well where could i buy some i didnt see any on that site....

Old 01-14-2005, 02:35 AM   #12 (permalink)
Super Techie

nm i found them

Old 01-14-2005, 02:43 AM   #13 (permalink)
Super Techie

well there are alredy those on the back of my driver magnet and it still interferes could i maybe put tin foil in the box or somethin to make it stop? or myabe somethnig to put by my moniter to stop it idk...
Old 01-14-2005, 02:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
Super Techie

would sheets of aluminum work if i set them by my speakers and braced them with my xbox and games on the other side if i got enough? also would anyone know where to get these and how much if they would work....
Old 01-14-2005, 02:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

if your speaker has a canceling magnet to go with the regular magnet, you shouldn't have this problem. Umm... that wierd
Old 01-15-2005, 08:00 AM   #16 (permalink)
True Techie

If a cancelling magnet is going to completely cancel the magnetic filed from the magnet used in the drivers in your speaker it would have to have exactly the same magnetic characteristics as the magnet used in the driver. This will never happen.

What does this mean in practice? The magnetic field will be mostly cancelled but will still exist, though at a lower intensity. Electrons do not weigh very much, 9.10938188 * 10^-31Kg, and on top of that do not need to be deflected very much in a CRT to fail to hit the phosphor dot they were intended for. Hence even a weak magnetic field will deflect the path of the electron enough to cause interference.

Thin tin foil will probably have zero appreciabe effect on the magentic field from your speakers. There are companies out there that will sell you magnetic shielding foils, but these tend to be thicker and made from other metals. The price is also sigificantly higher.

The next point to make is that putting larger speakers that come as part of a stereo on either side of your monitor and sitting half a meter in front of them is actually a very poor listening position (Please note that the 480W rating refers to their peak handling capacity and not to the constant load capabilities). They will not be designed to form a decent stereo image at this distance and spacing. the frequency response curve for such a listening position is also likely to be completely distorted. (This will be mostly due to the table they are sitting on acting as a massive soundboard adding all sorts of resonance and splashback issues)

Hence you will get a better sound out of them by positioning them correctly which would mean moving them away from your monitor. This would also have the effect of removing the interferance problem.

Nak

Is it just me, or does something smell suspicious about all this?
Old 01-16-2005, 07:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
Super Techie

well i have the speakers as far from my moniter as i can with them how i want them and it isnt causeing much but at the top left i see a small part that is discolored and when i moved my speakers one time it went away but i want them where they are.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:58 PM   #18 (permalink)
True Techie

Try a quick google then and see if you can find anything in your price range!

Nak

Is it just me, or does something smell suspicious about all this?
Closed Thread