Moniter Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja.Bob

Beta member
I have a NEC MultiSync E1100 21" CRT moniter which has had some "problems"

1. At first it started flickering out of focus sort of like de-gaussing but worse and no colour change which would range from one flick to flickering for about 10 secs. This would depend on how long it had been on for and got worse over time.

2. Today (16 Sep 2004) it stopped working altogether. It knows it has signal from computer (light changes from standby to on) but no picture (no lines or anything).

I have tested with multiple boxes so its not the video card.

I would of complained about this earlier but i got it second hand for $50 AUS (not very much). Also if your suggestion is buy a new one then don't worry about posting as i simpy cant afford another moniter of this size/quality. If you have any ideas at all then it would be appreciated as as far as im concerned it doesn't work and i have nothing to lose.

ok well all you can do is do this but be really careful ... take the power socket out and leave the monitor for five min or so open the back cover on the crt there is a patch sort of thing press it and make sure there isnt any leak or any thing .... (Current can leak from there!!!) ... and then put the cover back and turn it on and check if it still doesnt work then your fly back is damaged you will have to get a new fly back installed by some one ... ....( be really careful if you do this crt's r very dangerous if it leaks current it once threw me 2 meters away...!!!)

I have a NEC Accusync 70. I'm having problems with i.e. flickering. I had 2 of the same Monitors at work go bad on me. I'm not real impressed with the NEC monitors. I'd look into getting a different one, I know I am. I've also had friends with NEC's that have had the same problem as you and I.

how old is it? is it still under warrenty?

do u use a surge protecting power strip with your pc equipment? do u overload the electrical socket with too many components pluged into one adapter?

what resolution/frequency were u running it at? were u running it within its supported specs?

Do you mean where then cathode connects to the tube?? (No leaks there), im not sure what you mean by patch sort of thing.

I was runing it at 1600 * 1200 at 60 htz so it should of been fine, but as i said earlier i got it second hand for about $50 when new it could of been about $1500 so theres no warranty and why I didn't worry about it when it first started mucking around.

There should be no power related problems as i was only running it with a 300W pc in the same socket (im not sure how much current the monitor draws).

Thanks for your help anyway. I think i will just take someone else's advice and turn it into a microwave... or a case.... or even two or three cases, hmmm.

if its dead, i would leave it unpluged fora day, take it apart, take out the cuicut bourd underneth, just to check and see if maybe there something obviouse and fixable... like an exploded capacitor or diod, or burnt tranzistor... anything that can be soldered out, replaced, and re-soldered back in.

or leave it unpluged even longer then a day, i dont know how long/or how dangerous a monitor will cheep a charge after its unpluged, especialy one that size.

I have already taken it apart and looked for a noticeable fault however as i suspect that watever died did so slowly it may not have any visable way of being able to tell. Short of going through it with a multimeter i don't think that i would be able to find the problem however i suppose it would be cheaper to find the fault rather than get a new moniter.

its a fly back patch it is round in shape and is like a sticker sort of right on the crt... picture tube... and if still your problem aint sorted then check if the standby ic is ok or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom