Moden driver needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

chara33

Daemon Poster
I need drivers for a PCtel pct789t-c modem card. The OS will be Vista. Can someone plz help me out finding these drivers. I appreciate it. :)

thx

All indications that the site is used for spam harvesting. Sorry i wont be giving my email to them for anything. ;)

No probs. I would never give them my personal one either. Just a dummy one I use. Mak, I have never run anything in compat mode. I d/l the file from the site you gave me. Am I suppose to right click on the setup apps file, select compat tab, select win vista sp2, check off run this mode, click apply and then just run the setup app? Or do I need to do something else?

How do I go about getting the modem to use those specific drivers? I have never manually done this b4.

thx

Right click the executable select the Troubleshoot Compatibility Option. This will guide you to how the program should be run and give you the option to run it in the preferred OS Mode.

Same as step #2 listed in the Win7 guide.

You dont select the modem to use the drivers. If that is you modem, then installing the drivers should allow the system to use the modem. If after installing the drivers you still cant use the modem then you have the wrong drivers.

should I select win 2003 as the last OS that it used if the option is there?

Also, I uninstalled previous drivers in DM and then clicked on action, scan for new HW, at that point would it find the new drivers? If it didn't does that mean they are the wrong drivers?

thx

Edit: I noticed the OS automatically check for drivers and it can't find them. I assume these are wrong drivers? Also, in compat mode, it suggests using XP sp2. is that what I have to use or can I try an earlier OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom