modem is unable to connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

vecon

Solid State Member
Most of the time, whenever I try to connect to the internet, it kept saying that "unable to establish connection". Sometimes, when I got that problem, I tried to reboot my computer, then it was able to connect to the internet. But now, it doesn't work at all even I tried to reboot, make sure the connection, everything is unchanged.

What should I do?

actualy what i want you to do is power off your modem then power it back on again this will reset to company defaults. Modems are realy dumb they get slower after time cause of errors and they dont know how do repair themselves. So when you power it off it will repair itself to defaults.

My modem is Roxan something. I bought my computer from Dell.
How do you turn off the modem?

If we're just talking a Dial up modem I'd just Uninstall it in Device Manager, Re-Boot & let Windows Re-Install it for ya. This will usually work.

you power off the modem by pushing the "off" button or just unpluging it will work. I dont know but thats all i ever did and it worked again.

Lol yah i guess yah cant swich off a dial up modem but if you have dsl or cable modem you can just switch it off

kboy, :D you are right, i'm talking about dial up modem. I already tried to uninstall and reinstall modem driver using Device Manager. I've tried to do that several times, it only worked ONCE!!

Deadguy, the driver is still there. I didn't do anything with the driver. Will the program help you to fix this problem?

I wonder why when I checked the modem in Device Manager, it says the modem is working properly and no conflict. However, it is not!

I think my modem is unstable or it might have conflict with some other program. But I'm not sure.

Vecon, Dial up modem cards are fairly cheap Invest 10 bucks and save some headaches Dude!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom