Mobo software installation question??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hereticiv

Baseband Member
I built my first PC two years ago and now I can't remember the software aspect. Once I have all the hardware in place what exactly do I need to do to have the OS recognize the new mobo, processor and use its new speed? Last time I installed a new mobo and processor, I had a bit of trouble and zero speed increase until I ran a simple .exe file (the intel chipset installation utility) and then it all went fine. Is there a more complicated process I should be using or will it work just as well as the last time I built a PC by just hooking all the old hardware up, going into windows XP, double clicking the install utility .exe and rebooting?

BTW... the mobo is an Asus p4c800 deluxe with a pentium 4 3.2ghz and 1 gig of pc3200 kingston hyperX DDR...If this makes any difference under win XP.

Also: I just got rounded EIDE cables for my hdd's and floppy drive and I was wondering if they really make a difference in cooling?:confused:

Yes just install your operating system first.Then install you software that cane with the MOBO to get your support for video sound pci and all the other stuff then the rest of your software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom