Mobo Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaiN

Baseband Member
I'm looking into building a new AMD 64 system, and want PCI-e.

I've been looking through a few motherboards, any recommendations that you guys have seen and would like to share?

either dfi lanparty, abit an8 both great boards pretty much top of the line dfi can be got with or without sli difference of about 50 bucks dfi w/out sli is 145 abit an8 is about 140

If you don't want to spend a lot of money then don't get any of tehse boards. You don't need DFI or abit. Gigabyte will do just fine.

dfi, msi, abit, all are good boards. just a matter of picking which board suits your needs the best

in Motherbaord manufacturing and market share, here is the number:

BIG PLAYERS
1: Asus
2: GigaByte

after than comes
MSI
ABit
and others

VIA Chipset on PCI-E wasnt a tremendous performance leep over AGP version of same, so I'm confused, ATI's chipset for AMD Athlon performed better. so in case of chipsets, I cannot recommend one particular type now. but as if you have decided to go with VIA , then Asus is choice, and if with nVidia, then MSI makes performing Motherboard on nVidia chipsets.
rest, ATi's still to come (in a month or so)

The Ultra-D is identical to the SLI board. I cant remember the exact details, but a simple modification can convert the Ultra-D into a fully functional SLI board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom