Mobo Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

play2lose

In Runtime
Does the ASUS A7N8X-X have dual channel memory support?

If I use dual channel memory will it work......2x 256 Geil PC3200 Dual Channel Memory

The ASUS A7N8X-X DOES NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT have dual channel memory support, nor does it have the extras (e.g. Serial ATA support) of its bigger brother, the A7N8X.

It was to be designed to be a budget/lite version of the A7N8X.

Oops, I am sorry for wrong advise. I was under the impression that my motherboard supported dual channel memory. Sorry about that again.

lol...but you gotta talk good thngs about ur own comp of course....lol

100 POSTS....IN 1 WEEK...i needed so much help...and you guys helped, now I know a lot more about computers...thnx

dual channel memory requires you to use 2 sticks of identical memory (same speed, same timings, same size) and runs the memory basicly twice as fast. It doubles the bandwidth the memory has, making 400 Mzh memory effectivly as fast as 800 Mhz memory, which is important with the new P4's that have 800 Mhz FSB as they can run at the same speed so there is no latency.. It is a must with anyone making a high end computer, but keep in mind you have to buy 2 sticks of memory and they have to be identical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom