Mobo help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foyman

In Runtime
Hi, Im looking for a new mobo for a athlon 64 (939) and that is AGP and was looking for some suggestions on what would be the best board.

Thanks in advance

The DFI lapnparty Nf3 board (AGP) is coming out soon.

Another great one is the MSi neo2 platinum. Just don't get the AV8 3rd eye from ABit.

The DFI lapnparty Nf3 board (AGP) is coming out soon.

Ya, I was gonna recommend that one too. Except, like you say, it isnt out yet and plus it'll probably be kinda pricey, especially if there is no OCing to be done.

Yeah, the one I have is a great motherboard for AGP. I think somebody already recommended it too.

I'd definitely give it two thumbs up man. I got the FSB to 250 easy, at 265 it was still stable, but I decided to crank it back just because I don't really need an overclock that big. Besides, overclocking doesn't give you THAT much of an advantage... I mostly do it to fiddle around and learn what is going on.

Wait... I worded that slightly off. Overclocking helps, and yes it makes a difference, but I was just saying that form 250 to 265 isn't enough of a difference for me to try and get things stable and cool. I am happy with 250 and my score on 3DMark05 is about 4900 or 5000, so I'm happy with where it is at.

Thanks for the advice guys, does anyone know how soon that DFI AGP board is gonna be out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom