MOBO capacitor broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

suicidalmoose

Beta member
MY old case was quite small and when i put 3 drives in i didn't realize that the third one would hit a motherboard capacitor. A week ago i changed cases too a much bigger one and found the capacitor broken of the motherboard.

I run a A7n8x-x and the capacitor is the on on the most top right.

Should i bother soldering it back, or should i just leave as is. A similar thing happened with another computer i know about and it kept running fine. So my computer is still running fine how ever it starts freezing up when closing internet-explorer windows and so on to the point where task manager won't open up.

If i go on a soldering rampage do i have to be careful of heat dissipation and so on because of the microchips on the board?

soldering iron doesnt displace enough heat into the air to do anything. Its just the tip that gets really hot and transfers it to the soldering metal so as long as you aren't striking the microchips you'll be fine. If you can manage soldering it back on there I'd do so, a broken capacitor doesn't sound good to me, wouldn't want to leave that off.

imo, it's no so difficult and quite easy to resoldering the new capasitor. my friend got his capasitor broken on his gigabyte motherboard then he resoldered it by himself, and then his pc went perfectly again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom