Missing texture problem with 6600GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dk

Baseband Member
I installed an Nvidia 6600GT in my new computer, and thought everything was working fine. Then I noticed while playing World of Warcraft that a few textures were missing - namely feathers on things like harpies and windserpents. The areas appear now just black with a rough outline of what I used to see there. Is this a problem with the graphics card, or is it the program messing up? I just installed WoW and downloaded the most recent patch like two weeks ago. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Try updating the drivers. If that doesn't work, and if you card is overclocked, bring it down a little. Otherwise, I have no idea.

No overclocking here, and I just updated the drivers two days ago. : / Funny thing, it's like TWO things in the whole game. Both feathers. *shrug*

Thanks for the response.

I used to get some strange texturing errors on my ATI X600XT and lineage. Things like spider would appear to have a black web around their legs. Try posting on some WoW fansites. MMORPG gamers play for so many hours that some are sure to notice your porblem if it is a universal issue.

I am thinking it's a rare game issue, or maybee a very common one.

Every missing textures I have ever have had has been the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom