Missing Or Corrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

lulumara

Beta member
Hi to all ,I had A problem when I open my computer it says missing or corrupt\windows\system32\configuration\system then it says you can attempt to repair this file by starting windows setup using the original setup Cd rom. Select "r" the first screen to start repair, When I did that there's nothing happen Can you help me with my problem please?? What should I do? I did put the XP Pro cd but nothing happen at all???:confused: :confused:

You need to go into your BIOS and change the boot order, at startup press del it normally says what key to press to enter the bios. Then go throw the menu's till you see something like this:

first boot device: hard drive
second boot device: cdrom
third boot device: floppy drive

just click the first boot device and change it to cd rom and the second to hard drive.

then press esc then choose save and exit. Now when your pc starts up it will say press anykey to use cdrom press a key and the windows cd will load up.

I did that but it keeps on saying missing or corrupt????thank you for replied but I need more help??

well if you did that it should boot from your cd does it say press a key to boot from cd rom?

if it boots the cd rom you might be pressing r at the wrong time if it says press r to enter repair console dont do that one. Skip it until it scans for versions of windows installed currently then when found it should have another press r option.

Or it could be your windows cd is corrupt you could see if a friend has one you could use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom