Mini PC hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

rphillips

Beta member
Hello, I was looking to buy one of these pc's but I didnt know if the hardware is good. Like I guess there wouldnt be any room for upgrading, even though these can have a p4 put in and take a normal sized hard drive. Would these mini pc's be a good system?

thanks

Ryan

yes, if you have limited room or don't want the computer to show then they are fine. I would not use them for a gaming system though. I recomend the Biostar ideq 210v. It haqs gotten many good reviews and has overclocking abilities. The features are nice too. I guess there would be some room for upgrading but you might need to replace some parts. It has two ddr slots, 1 pci, and 1 agp 8x. It can hold 2 hdds, one optical drive and mabey a floppy (not sure). Check it out.

http://www.biostar-usa.com

my friend have the shuttle, dont know what type but he keeps on braggin that it can overclock to 3.8 GHz, and it is super fast.

some people say shuttles are not all that good. a lot of the reviews for the biostar one said they were eaisier to work with than a shuttle.

Well, shuttles are obviously small. So if you know anything about computers, a small case tells alot. If you want to OC, then dont waste your time. But if you need a computer for travel or school ect. Then its a great idea. Its not a matter of how good these are, its witch one you buy.

yeah biostar are fairly good, another option is the (god forbid) mac mini. I am no fan of macintosh but its just another idea. Personally i wouldnt get one because of thier not so good gpu but they are decently priced. Otehrwise i would get a Socket A system and put a athlon xp 2800+ in it.

hi if your low in cash and you need it to be small then get a shuttle i use one but for mid tower and i making one for MATX there ok if your going to do some stuff not gaming on the Mini computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom