mini budget upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

U-Toast

Fully Optimized
Ok, if got a spare 100$ i wana spend on my pc, what would u guys recommend?
i was thinking either a new cpu, but im thinking of getting new mobo and a amd 64 lata, so thats kinda off the list.
or maybe some new ram. If i buy an extra 512, i can use it with my current right?
Or what else could i do?
My pc is in my sig

If I were you i'd save up as much as I could and buy the parts after i've planned out the system. You wanna make sure everything is going to be 100% compatible at the end.

On my last system, I bought parts as I built it - And in the end I had to exchange a lot of stuff due to compatability issues.

In your current situation, and since you only have $100, I'd have to say get some more memory! As much as you can get! You can never have enough memory!

I think the prices of the AMD64 processors will come down considerabley once the FX series become a bit more commercially popular. So if I was you, I'd get more memory for now, make the best of the current system you've got and buy the new CPU once the prices fall and a greater range of AMD64 motherboards appear on the market.

TMT. :cool:

thats for ur help guys, well agex000, for like 100$ i can get like a 3000+.
Or maybe some more silent cooling for my case. I do have like 500$ in my account, but my mom wont let me spend it all. or if she does, she be pissed at me for a while, lol. ;)

but il prolly just get a good/silent heatsink/fan for like 30$ and save uip to do a big upgrade, my pc works real fine atm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom