microsoft loosing 160$ on each xbox 360 sold.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

elitesoldier

In Runtime
I heard from some sites that microsoft is loosing around 160$ for every xbox 360 they sell in hopes that they will collect royalties on the game titles they sell. However this is not what catches my eye. It is the power you get with the xbox 360 for the money.

20 gig hard drive (which can be upgraded with alittle hardware hacking)
512 MB GDDR3 RAM ( 700 MHz DDR)
3 symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each
some ATI graphics card (500 MHz, 10 MB embedded DRAM)
able to get on the internet with an ethernet port and everything.

Also when people disassembelded it......

http://www.anandtech.com/systems/showdoc.aspx?i=2610

Is it just me or anyone else getting the idea "computer in a box"

i mean, thats a pretty powerful system there especially if its going to be able to pull off those stunning graphics i've seen at the xbox 360 demos. If it can do that then it can do everything else that an average user would want. Email, internet, word processing etc.

When people are able to hack this puppy and put linux or windows on it (and oh yes, we know people are working on doing this *evil smile*) then ****, you'll be able to put it to all sorts of uses. You can connect a printer to it via the usb port and do everything that a regular desktop computer could do. Heck, with a bigger hard drive you can convert your xbox 360 into a tivo using linux and myth tv.

Since the system is cheap compared to the power your getting you can just buy the xbox 360 and dissasemble it and put it into a tower case, add a little upgrades here and there and bam you got your self a dream computer.

I don't know about you guys, but when these xbox 360 are able to be freely bought for 300-400 bucks a pop. Then im definitly going to look into hacking this thing and putting it to other uses.

what do you guys think?

Xbox360 topics are banned in all hardware forums until further notice due to previous bad behaviour exibited in them

Thank you for your understanding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom