Mic not working any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADWAD

In Runtime
I just bought a logitech gaming headset, I've tried everything to make(the mic) work but i have gotten nothing out of it. Can any programs interfere with my mic? My audio is soundMAX and my Mobo is a ASUS P4PE. I tried changing the volumes levels and it seems like nothing is working (i know my mic is working because i tried the sound recorder(windows) at my friends house with no problems) This is such a pain in the ass...please help me.
Thanks for any and all suggestions

How are you using it? In a game or just for recording?

Try this to get it working:

start - programs - accessories - entertainment - volume control

one inside go to options - properties - then check the recording circle - click OK - then make sure your mic is checked at the bottom.

Thanks and-you-are but when i go through what you told me i don't have the option of checking the recording circle and i can't check my mic at the bottom(just not there).It just has format conversion and a button saying convert now. I'm sooooo lost
any other ideas?
Thanks Again

By the way i'm using my mic for online gaming and i take courses over the internet from a university which i need my mic enabled(but i can't). Thanks

Do you have software in your system try for your onboard sound? I am not too familar with onboard sound, I prefer a sound card, so it might be different.

the only thing in my system tray is the volume control, and my volume is maxed out. Anyone who has a suggestion,please help me.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

OK. Here's how to fix your problem.

START > CONTROL PANEL > SOUNDS AND AUDIO DEVICES

HAVE THE VOLUME TAB SELECTED
UNDER DEVICE VOLUME CLICK ON ADVANCED
THIS WILL SHOW YOU ALL OF YOUR DEVICE VOLUME CONTROLS.

SELECT OPTIONS > PROPERTIES

Make sure that the PLAYBACK VOLUME has a Microphone box checked.
This will put the microphone volume control in your volume control panel. Then make sure the microphone volume control isn't on mute.

Then do the same thing for RECORDING VOLUME. Make sure the mute box isn't check.

This should fix your problem. Let me know if i was of any help.

~HAVOC

I had the same soundchip on an intel mobo fry the mic input. If the above is correct, it's the chip or mic.

ok i had the same problem and even tho the mic voluime is maxed on the start bar at the problem i had to go to control panel sound and change the mic stuff there to make it work

I had the same problem. Is this the headset that goes around the back of the head or around the top? 'Cause I had the "around the top of the head" set. Turned out that I forgot to turn the mic on with that thing on the wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom