Memory Upgrade ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Von Theron

In Runtime
I have a old pent 3 and i wane upgrade my memory right now is 125mb 8-( but im not sure what the old one is and it dosent say nothin on the memory itself i remember this program i used before to see all the properties does anyone kno of any progs that are free.

Google a proggie called EVEREST Home Edition.

It tells you EVERYTHING about your system and is real user friendly.

Hope it helps...

You can also use sisoft Sandra, What type of computer is it? Is it a customer built one or OEM? Finding out the motherboard manufacturer would help out alot.

Ok its a pent 3 1000 MHz Compaq Memory is 128 mb pc100 sdram the mobo chipset is a intel whitney i810e now to upgrade memory do i still need pc100 and how much more would my old mobo support.?

Wait.. in your profile, you talk about your next PC. why bother upgrading your old one when you can just save up for your next comp??? Is it for your parents or something to just make it faster?

Ok its a pent 3 1000 MHz Compaq Memory is 128 mb pc100 sdram the mobo chipset is a intel whitney i810e now to upgrade memory do i still need pc100 and how much more would my old mobo support.?
You would have to referr to a manual or the manufacturer website to find that information out. I'd say the biggest RAM it MIGHT be able to handle is PC133, but you never know PC100 could be it's top. SiSoftware Sandra should provide info regarding how much of what type it can hold

i was thinking about doing som crazy modding just for fun but now im just thinking of selling it for som money to use on the new system. This oldie is no good for gaming thats why im saving up for the amd 64 system. The best game i can play on this pent 3 is like a rct2 or d2 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom