memory question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soloman02

In Runtime
I have 512Mb of K-Byte DDR 333 memory. I am planning on getting another stick of 512. If i bought high performance memory(corsair xms, kingston hyper-x etc.) would it perform faster with this memory, or should i just go out and buy another stick of what i already have?

the answer to that is simple,..brand names like corsair, crucial,.etc are likely to perform at the same speed as any other rams in the category you mentioned,..the only difference is that...these are quality rams and are less likely to fail, compared to generic/cheap rams.

Some memory are tempremental with diffrent type it normally causes the computer to crash so make sure you have the correct pc like if the one you have is pc 333 pc2700 have the same it could screw up.:)

devlish96 said:
brand names like corsair, crucial,.etc are likely to perform at the same speed as any other rams in the category you mentioned,..the only difference is that...these are quality rams and are less likely to fail, compared to generic/cheap rams.

that is completely untrue. so you are saying that i am paying 2-3 times more for my corsair memory than generic bottom of the barrel memory just because it is more relaible? that makes no sense at all. many low-budget memory are more relaible than the high quality memory.

Soloman02 you will notice a big difference in speed actually due to the lower latency from the memory timings on high quality memory.

but for your purpose if you mix generic memory with quality memory you are defeating your purpose. you should either stick to getting another low-priced memory module or replacing the k-byte memory with only high quality memory.

it is like mixing high quality gasoline with low quality gasoline ... okay maybe thats not a good analogy :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom