Memory question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circus

Baseband Member
if you aren't overclocking you don't need high performance RAM.......corsair isn't the best RAM for overclocking even if you did get their high performance.......OC'ing with 2gb will get you poor results...........and yeah for the most part 1gb is all you'll ever need unless you plan on doing some heavy 3d rendering or CAD work or something

If possible, drop the X800 P card and get a 6800GT. The X800 Pro lacks SM 3.0; a key feature in upcoming games. Or, wait a month and get one of the next-gen ATI cards coming out.

As for the RAM: Get the 1 gig set. I doubt you'll notice any performance increase with 2 gigs of RAM. Also, I'm not positive, but you might be better off going with DDR, not DDR2. I remember reading that there are still latency issues with DDR2, so you get the same performance from DDR. Could be wrong.

I may overclock it a little bit, so which memory do you suggest i get? 1 gb of the valueselect?

get one gig of twinMOS

As for Corsair XMS..i have it, and its okay. Not great. Part of the limitations is that my MSI mobo doesnt let me coarse 4V through the dimms (DFI) the only reason i got it (the memory) was cuz of a free upgrade. a buddy of mine with XMS and a dfi mobo also didnt get great results

no. dont want to be offensive, but to be blunt, the x800 pro sucks. only has 12 pipes, lacks PSM 3.0, list goes on and on. just ask Beedubya.

6800 GT, or even the 6600 GT would have been a MUCH better buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom