Memory problems DDR400 dual channel 1gb

Status
Not open for further replies.

sCribes

In Runtime
Hey guys & gals,

I recently put together a new computer for my personal use at home.

Chaintech ZNF3-250 Motherboard Link
Athlon 64 3200+ 2.01GHz
Built By ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256mb 256bit AGP Video Card
Enermax 470 Watt Power Supply
Mushkin 1GB PC3200 DDR CL2 Blue Dual Pack (2x512) Link

Runs fine with my old stick of 512 pc-2700 single stick ocz technology memory, but when i put the two dual channel sticks in it crashes, or reboots almost immediatly after i get into windows.

I run a legal registered copy of xp home, with sp2 and all updates.

I get the IRLQ_LESS_MEMORY, something like that blue screen, and a few other errors.

Any suggestions. Thanks
Joel

I'm not sure why your pc is crashing, but I do know that your processor does not support dual channel mode.

do the usuall and then post back on resaults...

use 1 ram Dimm at a time, c if u can rule out 1 or the other, download memtest86 and run it on both Dimms, but one at a time.

the cpu and bourd your using does not support duel channel, but thy should work in single channel and not cause problems... some ram bands are just not compatible with some mobo's, witch ones thy r, hell if i know.

he did not say it was gonna run in dual channel only that he put the TWO DUAL CHANNEL STICKS IN and it crashed..try to run mem test...swap out stick for stick...try upping th voltage...:cool:

Circa219 said:
I'm not sure why your pc is crashing, but I do know that your processor does not support dual channel mode.

processors do not support the dual channel the north bridge would

This is not true. The Motherboard and the CPU are the ones that have to support Dual Channel otherwise you can not run DC

TWO DUAL CHANNEL STICKS IN and it crashed..try to run mem test...swap out stick for stick...try upping th voltage...
There is no such thing as 'dual channel' RAM. it's simply that the pair that you receive has been tested and certified to run in Dual Channel, but RAM itself does not come as 'Dual Channel'...also upping the voltage won't solve his problem if he's not overclocking the RAM and would probably just cause more troubles and heat.

Nubius said:
This is not true. The Motherboard and the CPU are the ones that have to support Dual Channel otherwise you can not run DC

There is no such thing as 'dual channel' RAM. it's simply that the pair that you receive has been tested and certified to run in Dual Channel, but RAM itself does not come as 'Dual Channel'...also upping the voltage won't solve his problem if he's not overclocking the RAM and would probably just cause more troubles and heat.

a tbird athlong 1ghz was the first series to be used with a ddr memory setup....in an a7n8x deluxe, or a k7n2g motherboard a series produced much farther down the road a tbird can be run in dual channel

therefore proving that the north bridge and a proper set of ram determin if you can run dual channel not the cpu...and a motherboard only has to have a north bridge that supports dual channel...nforce2 pro sis newest series

a north bridge is the controller from the memory interface to the cpu allowing data to be transfered to the cache...on the motherboard

in dual channel instead of memory manufactures trying to design the layout for a 128bit memory interface they are putting dual memory controllers into the north bridge allowing a 2 way communication at 6.4gb instead of 3.2gb

i only stated that he put in his dual channel sticks....which are labeled DUAL CHANNEL SETS for the facted that they are matched bank size, speed, latency and so on..upping the voltage with produce a more stable frequency allowing him to stress his ram in the memtest...it does not use the ram to run since it is a bootable cd...therefor if the ram is stressed the errors will be more pronounced

please become more informed before you start to give members wrong information

thank you
:beard:

a tbird athlong 1ghz was the first series to be used with a ddr memory setup....in an a7n8x deluxe, or a k7n2g motherboard a series produced much farther down the road a tbird can be run in dual channel

therefore proving that the north bridge and a proper set of ram determin if you can run dual channel not the cpu...and a motherboard only has to have a north bridge that supports dual channel...nforce2 pro sis newest series
First off, the old thunderbirds are vastly different from the new 64bit cores. Second, a dual-channel setup does not just require the northbridge chipset to support dual-channel. The CPU must support dual-channel as well, as it is part of a concert between the CPU, RAM, and chipset. All of which must be able to communicate on the same protocol for dual-channel to work. Without that support, the system will either downgrade to single-channel, or fail.

As per AMD and ITP:
"The original Socket 754 Athlon 64 processors were only capable of running memory in single channel configuration..."

The AMD64 socket 754 chips (including the 3200+) don't support dual-channel RAM.

The AMD64 socket 939 chips support dual-channel RAM.

ShoobieRat said:
First off, the old thunderbirds are vastly different from the new 64bit cores. Second, a dual-channel setup does not just require the northbridge chipset to support dual-channel. The CPU must support dual-channel as well, as it is part of a concert between the CPU, RAM, and chipset. All of which must be able to communicate on the same protocol for dual-channel to work. Without that support, the system will either downgrade to single-channel, or fail.

As per AMD and ITP:
"The original Socket 754 Athlon 64 processors were only capable of running memory in single channel configuration..."

The AMD64 socket 754 chips (including the 3200+) don't support dual-channel RAM.

The AMD64 socket 939 chips support dual-channel RAM.

yes I know...but my point is tbirds where produced before the thought of dual channel exsited yet it will run dual channel in a mother board supporting it..

dual channel has two seperate memory controllers from each bank of memory allowing two way communication from the cpu's cache to the main memory the data stream from the cpu's cache to the northbridge is not the issue for speed its to the main memory which is why dual channel is used and the only factor is a good set of ram and northbridge with daul mem controllers

that is the the issue here he is running DUAL CHANNEL MEMORY SET meaning nothing but its a match set and he is getting blue screens with those stick in

754 has no support for dual channel yes i know buit the newcastle core is an overclockers delight

32bit and 64 obviously are different architecture...try and read a little more careful

there is no need to continue this argument lets try and help himn out..and while your at it study up a bit

try and read a little more careful

there is no need to continue this argument lets try and help himn out..and while your at it study up a bit

please become more informed before you start to give members wrong information

I didn't give him wrong information as what I told him is completely correct. The NB DOES NOT determine whether he can have dual channel. We are not talking 'early tbird models' now are we? No we are not...so therefore your information is irrelevant in this situation. If the CPU and Motherboard do not support dual channel then you cannot run in dual channel simple as that. The NB has a memory controller in it to communicate between the RAM and CPU but it IS NOT the NB that determines dual channel. I think YOU need to read up and study yourself and quit posting false and irrelevant information for the guy with the problem.

That does not help him in any way and is simply not true...that info is not correct in anyway.

i only stated that he put in his dual channel sticks....which are labeled DUAL CHANNEL SETS for the facted that they are matched bank size, speed, latency and so on..
Yes and I stated what you meant so the guy would understand in case he didn't so don't go and get bent out of shape and think that someone is trying to 'undermine' you.

All in all it seems you have a bit of an ego and the fact remains you posted false information and I corrected it.

there is no need to continue this argument lets try and help himn out
You're right about that...this arguement IS over..as both I and Shoobie have given him the correct information and more than enough proved your info incorrect and/or useless.

Lines like "try and read a little more careful", "and while your at it study up a bit", and "please become more informed before you start to give members wrong information" are and will be considered antagonation for arguement, especially when it was you who posted wrong information for the guy.

If no one has any useful information for this man then don't post. Shoobie, don't bother argueing as I can already see this going astray. Lets try and stay on topic and help out the thread owner as he requires it

-Nubius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom