Memory problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddy_ray

Baseband Member
I have a 2.8 P4 with 1 gb of PC3200 corsair, Radeon 9200, DFI865PE mainboard and my PC runs like crap. I thought hyper-threading technology would allow me multitask like a madman, but it seems that when a run more than 6 or 7 things at once my PC will stall a bit and I will have to begin closing things to regain some strenght. Eventually I normally have to reboot after I have been on it a few hours, just to reset the memory. Is this what some of you experience...Am I just being greedy and trying to do to much ??? Any advice ???

Typical programs run throughout the week: IMESH, SHAREAZA, NETSCAPE, IE, MOZILLA, WEBSHOTS, FRUITY LOOPS, PALM DESKTOP, IOMEGA HOTBURN, ADOBE READER AND PHOTO, POKERSTARS, TRAKTOR DJ STUDIO, JASC PAINT SHOP 8, WMP

Not to mention the typical utility programs: Spybot S&D, Adaware, Spyware Blaster, Norton, CClean

THanks, Ray

use a program called 'Freemem' just google that name. It'll tell you how much RAM is being used in your system and even frees some up after closing apps and on windows start.

Also you could try memtest86+ just to make sure the RAM isn't erroring or anything, but it doesn't sound like it is.

Could just be taxing it too much

No way dude. It shouldn't give that kindda problems with your system. I run more extensive applications (simulations etc.) on my PIII 650 without any problems. And I only have 256 MB of memory on that system :D.. I only reboot maybe once every 2-3 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom