Memory problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
Never have had a memory problem with anything before. I bought some mushkin blue and couldn't get anything to work. I ran memtest and one ram had thousands of errors in the first 30 seconds and the other had 24 in a minute so I sent them BACK..

Now I got some new memory from Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512MB DDR400 PC3200 XMS Memory w/Heat Spreader Retail. I am doing a memtest first before I do anything and I have found one error. Here is how it reads.
Test 4
Pass-6
Failing address- 0000500cf70
80.7MB
Good- 2644d1b7
Bad- 2644d0b7
Err-Bits-00000100
Count -1
Is this bad? What should I do. I have run a long test. If I would have run just one pass I never would have found this. Is there a problem that I should be looking at? thanks.

any kind of error=bad

you should run mem test for few hours, a quick test won't work (i had 2 sticks of bad kingston value ram; one was detected bad in a minute and the other one took at least an hour)

the memory should be able to run any number of hours without an error

Well in all honesty, as much of a pain in the butt as it sounds, I'd RMA it again :(

Honestly if it's 1 error in 3 hours i dont care

While running memtest86 for 48 hours straight I got 3 errors, and have never had a memory problem

Nubius said:
Well in all honesty, as much of a pain in the butt as it sounds, I'd RMA it again :(

This memory hasn't been a pain in the butt. It was the mushking that went wild with errors. This one has only show 1 error in a total period of over 4 hours of testing now. Should I switch modules and place them in different slots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom