Memory Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be well worth you buying a full new computer tbh. I work for a local computer shop and the ram you need is nearly £60 for 512mb and that wont improve your performance that much tbh.

the cheapest stuff we sell (and we sell alot of it) is a sempron 2300 (£40) asrock motherboard (£25) graphics, say a 9250 (£33) 512ddr400 (£27)

Now i know alot of people on here will think this is a rubbish system but if ur on a budget this will do you great and is 100times better than what youve got atm. any questions anyone on this forum will be glad to help.

The comp in question is for my brother who only uses it for web, he has 1mb broadband and only really needs more memory for that.

What would be the cost of 128 or 256ram?

Tried Crucial but cant find any for the system.

Thank you.

well the thing is that that computer is so old that memory isnt made anymore by the top end name brands.

the shop i work for has just got sum new stuff in, it made by dane-elec. i know its not a top end brand but then its not a top end computer. if u wanna give them a ring i know they will post it out to you

http://www.goldchip-uk.com/

that is the link. The site isnt great though lol, but its under price list then memory, then sdram and you can pick your size. or just give em a ring and they will sort you out no problem

You can always check newegg or even Amazon. Amazon, like ebay, allows you to buy used/like new items from users. So, even if something isn't being manufactured anymore, someone might still be selling your old memory that they're no longer using.

And, of course, there's always ebay.

lol why the hell would you need computer memory for the internet?

if you have a 1mb connection, you have a 1 mb connection, no ram would ever help that or decrease it

Actually, a bit more RAM wouldn't increase his bandwidth or anything, but running a few windows and using streaming applications would be slightly easier with more RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom