Memory Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brylax23

In Runtime
I just made my new computer with all good hardware. my problem is that one of my memory sticks might be bad..it surprises me because i got Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series that stuff is usually good..i got a DFI "LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D so really didnt think ne problems should occur.i dont know if it is because i dont have it in dual channel or not.i said to put it into the 2 & 4 slots..when i did i was installing xp professional first it was verfying dmi data pool...changed the boot order...then it worked then before install the windows it had the blue screen of death...and was IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL idk something like that took out the memory and it when through..i thionk i have all the drivers updated..so im pretty much stuck..i put the memory in again and would restart right after booting windows. sorry for being so long

another problem is at the bottom right taskbar thing..it says safely remove hardware and the hardware is my hard drive im pretty sure and i think i dont wanna do that

Several things here :

1. If you want to eliminate the memory as the problem, download memtest86 or similar & check the RAM http://www.memtest86.com/

2. Go into device manager & check for any IRQ conflicts or other problems. Pay particular attention to the USB devices

3. If you get the IRQ_NOT_LESS.... error again, can you tell us the rest of the info i.e. You will see a line that reads STOP 0x0000.....
Can you tell us everything on that line following the word STOP.

Also, note if there is a device driver or system file listed under it (such USBPORT.SYS..... for example)

someone from the DFI Street forum told me to change the VDIMM to 2.8 instead of 2.6 and it is working perfectly..ty for the helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom